this is a little of a thievery of the 10 things i learned idea on the IMdB Message boards. Anyway I am in Turin and am trying to better understand Italian. To do so I have been watching a good amount of Italian television of which many a show deserves a rAnt of their own. Last night i watched Superman Returns for the 4th time, and the first time in Italian. Here is what i learned.
- You can hide your identity in an office-floor full of investigative journalists with mere spectacles, but children will see right through that isht.
- You can be a Super Man and still be a Dead-beat Dad.
- The ability to fly is not only convenient way of cutting down on your carbon footprint, it also makes home-wrecking much easier.
- One may not flinch at a bullet to the eye but a full-sized cutout of one’s boss is shocking at all times.
- No crime or wrong is below Superman’s concern, unless it happens while he is nerdorking it up at the Daily Planet.
- When leaving your bastard child and their dejected mother, Flying away is always a cooler option than leaving no note and slinking away in the middle of the night in your beat up 92′ Camry with plastic rims to go over to Brenda’s house.
- Parker Posey is still hott.
- Jimmy Olsen is as annoying as Parker is Hott
- Getting a weird tattoo on the back of your head is an invitation for getting a Grand Piano dropped on your head.
- Superman is Superman in Italian.
So thats it for today. I may do all my movie rewiews this way. So as for the little extra, As i said Italian TV deserves a rAnt. Big Brother is HUUUUUGE here, about as HUGE as the bust on one of the contestants, reality TV seems to run things here. Maybe it is the same in America, i may not have noticed since i was not watching too much basic cable before I left. Anyway here is a funy article on the American Idol insanity click here