…are what is considered rich in most of the world.
People continue to migrate as being poor in the United States is often an upgrade to what was offered where they were. That is part of why people like the States.
There is a relative nature in this, but stupidity and willful ignorance can not be discounted. In middle and high-school at times I considered myself to be poor. Well that’s not quite right, I wasn’t exactly employed, but considered my family to be less well off. This was in the monetary sense, based on whatever limited scope I was aware of at the time. It focused on monetary expenditure, which naturally does not enable you to see the people that have even less money to spend than you do.
I was a a child in mind and body.
I searched more. Found those whom I considered poorer being quite happy with their lives and others that considered me rich that thought I was much happier.
I grew up.
The claims of wealth inequality and poverty that you here in the social discourse reminds me of my past childishness. Where is the true value, is it just in how much money one has to spend? Discounting how they got the money or who they spend it with, or on?
If micro aggression are a reality to you, if people expressing their thoughts on your choices are considered harmful shaming… then congratulations you have won the lottery of life. Lottery, since I cannot consider any of this illness to be a privilege but it is more a lack of a draw. More of a got hit by a lightning bolt kind of luck than anything positive like… nah you are lucky. For these things to matter then your base survival needs are taken care of. What you may lack is self awareness and the responsibility that comes with that.
Poverty and struggle used to mean much more to Americans, and still does to most of the world. If you are lucky enough to be in the position you are, realize it is not a right to be there. Nor does it guarantee you will not one day experience the more general definition of oppression…of poverty.
As was said in the Copy This post
We envy some for lives that are making them suicidal while others are killing themselves to have our lives.
Words mean what they mean.
- How Americans compare with the global middle class. – Pew Research Center
- America’s Poor Are Richer Than Europe’s Middle Class – The Daily Caller
- 1st World Poor Vs. 3rd World Poor – Broke & Healthy : It’s Possible.
- How Poor Are America’s Poor? Examining the “Plague” of Poverty in America – Heritage Foundation article with several aspects studied with graphs to view.
- Poverty and the Social Welfare State in the United States and Other Nations By Robert Rector – Heritage Foundation
- The Truth About Poverty – Stefan Molyneux YouTube video presentation.
- It has been quite a while since I posted anything in this category but here are some the older ones : 1049 Reasons People Hate America which turned into Olde American Paradox
- This was a draft begun over a year ago and theVideo of the post was going to be “Started from the Bottom” by Drake but did you Drake, did you really? 😛 Here is a related video by DarkMatter2525. While i let this sit and linger, this guy was animating.