On 9th March 2018, the President of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta and his chief political rival, Raila Odinga have come to an agreement after months of sometimes deadly disagreements between supporters of the two. Just a Publicity prank or an actual solid agreement? I give some thoughts on what may have lead to it and things the may be expected, and contrast it with the ongoing political division in the United States of America, where I do not know what it will take for the opposition to concede their loss.
Life is not similar to the movie trope where the leader gives up or is defeated and everyone else just calls it quits. Be it in Kenya or the USA iI foresee continued partisanship. Did you know it took decade for some to realize the world wars were finished?
- Phone call that brought Raila to the table | The Standard
- Raila O’Dinga may be distancing himself from other opposition leaders. Some did not show up to support him when he held and inauguration as peoples president. Fall of Nasa looms as Raila ‘snubs’ meeting | Daily Nation
- Lasting Peace:Mixed reactions on Raila-Uhuru pact-full interview part one | KTN KENYA Similar language about politics here as you have elsewhere. Different cultures same humans.
- Should there be more concern about China?
– How China’s grand entry into Africa has weakened democracy
– Experts: Africa ‘Colonialism’ Reflects Xi Jinping’s Belief China Should Be ‘the Only Sovereign State’ | Breitbart
Merch you can believe in?
Thank you for reading. Subscribe to the Blog for more or