Should science be a meritocracy? Here are 3 facts.
- Professor Alessandro Strumia, stated that Physics was invented by men in a presentation he gave at a “workshop on gender issues in high energy physics.“
- Some females at the CERN gender conference were offended by this and the other content in the presentation.
- He has since been fired due to his ‘highly offensive‘ presentation.
I read an article about this in the following video. More links below.
Offense is no Defense.
- Can Children be Women? | Expecting Female Agency
- Physicist who claimed ‘physics was invented by men’ suspended by Cern with immediate effect
- Slides of the presentation by Professor Allesandro Stromia PDF
- Why boys achieve less at school than girls: the difference between boys’ and girls’ academic culture by Mieke Van Houtte | Academia.edu
- A Physicist Said Women’s Brains Make Them Worse at Physics — Experts Say That’s ‘Laughable’ Did he say that? Well technically he did not explicitly say it didn’t so damn him!
- Academic papers are not all they may seem to be. Conceptual Penis in a Conceptual Paper : Links I Like and about the team responsible for this The Grievance Studies Scandal: Five Academics Respond
- WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Proves She Has No Idea What Congress Does
- Colttaine on Understanding Between the Sexes | Links I Like
- Reading James Damore’s Google Memo : The Goolag Manifesto!
Whats the difference between a meritocracy and a pure meritocracy? adding adjectives in this way is often used so one can pick some fractional issue and claim it refutes what you want to communicate. You can consider a meritocracy to be preferential and strive to it but still never achieve it.
Thank you for reading. Subscribe to the Blog for more or